This program was sponsored by a Philanthropic group named Eya’s Angels in partnership with the Hope Outreach Health Centre to serve the health and social needs of vulnerable persons in our community.
The Program had the following goals and objectives;
- To connect vulnerable persons to available resources in our community
- To provide free health screenings and counseling such as Blood pressure checks, blood sugar screening, Malaria, and HIV screening, back and leg massage, counseling, donation of food and other personal items.
CAWI’s representative at this programme was one of the Supervisory volunteer staff who worked cooperatively with Eya’s Angels and Hope Services Health Centre to see that this program was successfully carried out.
The Programme started at 9 am with a Health Talk on the importance of undertaking Health screening.
- 200 persons were consulted and screened for high blood pressure, blood sugar examination, Malaria/ HIV.
- 100 persons received counseling
- 150 persons received medications
- 60 IDP’s were given gifts of food and other personal items.